BashirCarpets.com is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of users of its interactive products and services. Throughout cyberspace, we want to contribute to providing a safe and secure environment for users.
- Privacy Notices
- Country-Specific Notices
- What Personal Information Do We Collect Through the BashirCarpets.com web site (including TapisBashir.com) ?
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
- Your Choices
- How Can You Access and Correct Your Personal Information?
- How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
- Where Will Your Personal Information be Processed?
- How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
- Questions Concerning Our Privacy Practices?
- Children and BashirCarpets.com
- Country-Specific Privacy Notices
2. Privacy Notices
3. Country-Specific Notices
5. What Personal Information Do We Collect Through the BashirCarpets.com web site (including TapisBashir.com) ?
Information You Volunteer
We collect the personal information you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use this Web site, for example, the information you provide when you request information about products or services. This information may include your name, street and e-mail address, phone number, credit card information, and information used to verify your identity or to prevent fraud.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information typically includes your IP address, the address of the web page you were visiting when you accessed this Web site, the name of your operating system (such as Windows® or Macintosh®), the name and version of your browser (such as Netscape® or Internet Explorer®), and the date and time of your visit. The information we receive depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. The information provided by your browser does not identify you personally. We use this non-personal information primarily to create statistics that help us improve Bashir Carpets Web sites and make them more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. However, if you have created a user identity on one of your visits to this Web site, we may link the information provided by your browser to information that identifies you personally and use it for the purposes described below. In addition, we may review our server logs for security purposes, such as detecting intrusions into our network. If we suspect criminal activity, we might share our server logs -- which contain visitors’ IP addresses -- with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
Information Collected Using “Cookies” and Other Web Technologies
Cookies and Web Beacons
A “cookie” is a small text file that is transferred to your computer by our Web server. We may use two types of cookies -- “session cookies” and “persistent cookies.”
A “session cookie” is a temporary cookie that expires when you close your browser. A session cookie assigns a randomly-generated, unique identification number to your computer when you access one of our Sites. Assigning your computer a number facilitates the proper functioning of the features of our Web sites, by permitting us to maintain a persistent “state” for your session, such as, maintaining the contents of your shopping basket during checkout. We also use session cookies to collect information about the ways visitors use this Web site – which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page. We analyze this information (known as “click-stream information”) to better understand our visitors’ interests and needs and to improve the content and functionality of this Web site. Sessions cookies do not contain your personal information. If, however, you have created a user identity on one of your visits to this Web site, we may link the session cookie identification number to information that identifies you personally.
When you visit BashirCarpets.com, we may place one or more “persistent cookies” on your computer. Unlike a “session cookie,” a persistent cookie does not expire when you close your browser. It stays on your computer until it expires (for example, at the end of the calendar year) or until you delete it. Some persistent cookies simply “tag” your computer so that the next time you visit (or someone using your computer visits), our server will recognize you, not by name, but by the “tag” on your computer. This will enable us to provide you with a personalized experience even if we do not know who you are. It will also allow us to collect more accurate information about the ways people use this Web site, for example, how people use this Web site on their first visit and how often they return. If, at some point, you create a user identity, we may link the information collected by these persistent cookies to information in our database that identifies you personally. We may also transfer this information to a cookie and place it on your computer’s hard drive so that our web server can read this information each time you visit this Web site. In either case, using persistent cookies permits us to provide you with a more personalized shopping experience and, in some cases, may save you the trouble of re-entering information already in our database. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. You may also delete our cookies as soon as you leave our Web site. Although you are not required to accept our cookies, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you will not be able to use all of the features and functionality of this Web site. For example, you will not be able to purchase products and services at BashirCarpets.com or TapisBashir.com.
Web beacons (also referred to as “tracking pixels” or “action tags”) are graphic images placed at various locations on our Site. Web beacons help us recognize the cookies on your browser. Like cookies, Web beacons help us collect information about the ways visitors use our Sites. They also help us identify browser types, IP addresses, search terms that bring visitors to our Sites, and the domain names of the Web sites that refer traffic to us. The information collected by Web beacons does not identify you personally. However, if you have created a user identity on one of your visits to this Web site, for example, by making a purchase, we may link the information we collect using Web beacons to the information that identifies you personally and use it in the same ways as we use the information we collect using cookies. Lastly, we utilize web beacons to provide us with more information on any emails we send out, in particular, the web beacons will send us information to let us know that you have received and opened any e-mail you have chosen to receive from us.
6. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
BashirCarpets uses the personal information we collect on this Web site:
- for lead generation;
- if you’ve made a purchase from one of our other sites and came to this site;
- to take, process or deliver your order, process or obtain payment, or notify you of the status of your order;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- to provide you with effective customer service and/or technical support;
- to provide you with a personalized shopping experience;
- to provide you, with your consent, with product updates and upgrades, special offers, pricing information, newsletters, and any other information you request;
- to undertake, with your consent, any other promotional activities; and
- to improve this Web site, the customer experience, and related products or services.
In addition, we may use specific personal information for the purposes identified in a specific Privacy Notice posted on the page or area of this Web site where you provided that information. We may remove all of the information that identifies you specifically and use the rest for historical, statistical or scientific purposes.
7. With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information? Our Service Providers
BashirCarpets.com employs other companies to provide services to us or on our behalf. For example, we currently use "Yahoo Store !" to maintain this Web site, to process credit card payments, detect and prevent fraud, deliver packages, send mail or e-mail, or provide customer service. These companies are required by contract to use the personal information we share with them only to perform services to us or on our behalf and to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
As Disclosed in a Privacy Notice
For Marketing Purposes We will not share your personal information with our affiliates or unrelated third parties to use for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
To Comply With Legal Requirements There are other limited circumstances in which we may share the personal information in our databases with unrelated third parties. For example, we may disclose the personal information we collect at BashirCarpets.com or TapisBashir.com without notifying you when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement; to comply with a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce a contract; to protect the legal rights, property or safety of BashirCarpets.com (including TapisBashir.com), our affiliates, our employees, agents, other users or the public in general or to protect your vital interests. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or government agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful without providing notice to you.
8. Your Choices
Bashir Carpets respects your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. We generally ask you to indicate your choices at the time and on the page where you provide your personal information. When you provide personal information, we may offer you a choice as to whether you would like to receive further communications from us about certain updates, upgrades, special offers and pricing. We may also ask if you would like to be added to our Partner’s mailing lists. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you decide you no longer want to receive promotional messages from us, you may let us know by e-mailing us at email@example.com or by following any unsubscribe link in our emails.
9. How Can You Access and Correct Your Personal Information? We strive to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the personal information in our databases and to keep that information up-to-date. We provide ways for you to access your personal information as required by applicable law, so that you can correct inaccuracies or update your personal information. We generally do not charge for this service, however, we reserve the right to charge a fee as permitted by applicable law. If you would like to review, correct or challenge your personal information, please contact us by postal mail addressed to Bashir Carpets, 8461 Decarie boulevard, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4P 2J2 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to reasonable requests within the time limits established by applicable law or within a reasonable time if no time limit is established by applicable law. For your protection, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide the access you request and correct or delete any inaccurate personal information you discover. We reserve the right, however, to limit or deny your request to the extent permitted by applicable law if:
- the disclosure may harm the life, the body, the property and the rights of third parties;
- the disclosure may lead to a breach of applicable law and regulation;
- where you have failed to provide sufficient evidence to verify your identity;
10. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We have industry standard measures in place to protect the security of the personal information we collect through this Web site. It is important that you understand, however, that no Web site or database is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse, for example, by protecting your password.
11. Where Will Your Personal Information be Processed?
12. How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you have subsequently consented) or for other legitimate purposes (such as regulatory compliance), or as permitted by applicable law.
13. Questions Concerning Our Privacy Practices?
14. Children and BashirCarpets.com?
BashirCarpets.com takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of young people using our services and encourages you to participate in your child's experience in cyberspace. BashirCarpets.com is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect information about children. For parents who are BashirCarpets.com members, we recommend that parents review important safety tips before your child explores the Internet, and use Parental Controls.
15. Country-Specific Privacy Notices All Countries